Silent install

Pieter van der Berg

Apr 26, 2018, 6:35:18 AM4/26/18
to dotnetinstaller
Is there a way to select which components should be installed when running the exe from the command line?

Daniel D.

Apr 27, 2018, 11:26:08 AM4/27/18
to dotneti...@googlegroups.com
Been a while, but I don't remember this being possible. It largely defeats the purpose of the bootstrapper which uses conditions to decide what to install.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 6:35 AM, Pieter van der Berg <pvand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to select which components should be installed when running the exe from the command line?

dB. | Moscow - Geneva - Seattle - New York
code.dblock.org - t:@dblockdotorg - ig:@artdblockdotorgartsy.net - github/dblock
PS: I'm running the NYC TCS Marathon in 2018 for TeamForKids charity. Please donate here.

Pieter van der Berg

Apr 30, 2018, 10:49:41 AM4/30/18
to dotnetinstaller
The bootstrapper gives the option to optional install components. I got a bootstrapper from a third party which gives the option to install SQL Server. I use a central SQL server so I don't need that component and can uncheck it when using the UI. How to uncheck it when using the command line.....

Op vrijdag 27 april 2018 17:26:08 UTC+2 schreef Daniel D.:
Been a while, but I don't remember this being possible. It largely defeats the purpose of the bootstrapper which uses conditions to decide what to install.
On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 6:35 AM, Pieter van der Berg <pvand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to select which components should be installed when running the exe from the command line?

Daniel D.

Apr 30, 2018, 2:39:20 PM4/30/18
to dotneti...@googlegroups.com
It seems like an obvious feature but I honestly don't remember it being possible with turning optional components on/off via componentArgs or similar :(

Charles Mah

Apr 30, 2018, 4:56:12 PM4/30/18
to dotneti...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried the ComponentArgs Feature

/ComponentArgs "*|id|display_name":"value"

Additional component parameters. This enables passing additional command-line arguments to all (*) or specific components by their id and/or display_name, in this order. The value is appended to both non-silent and silent command lines of msi and cmd type components. The component id or display_name must match exactly the one in the configuration.xml.

Pieter van der Berg

May 1, 2018, 3:07:17 AM5/1/18
to dotnetinstaller
I researched the option but to me this seems to pass the parameters down to the individual installers. I want to select which component to install which is still inside the bootstrapper.