disable_wow64_fs_redirection not applying to check_file ?

Brian Hanson

Mar 21, 2016, 12:00:57 PM3/21/16
to dotnetinstaller
On a 64bit Windows 10 system, I have created a simple configuration to copy over some PowerShell Modules (as an example installer).
Example:

Command component:
xcopy "#CABPATH\Scripts\Profile.ps1" "#SYSTEMPATH\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0" /y

works correctly and file is copied to "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0"

However file_check (exists) of "#SYSTEMPATH\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Profile.ps1" reports "not installed"

The file exists and is viewable (not hidden).
WoW64 Redirection fails on file checks.PNG

Brian Hanson

Mar 21, 2016, 1:56:52 PM3/21/16
to dotnetinstaller
Some additional information:
Enabling or disabling wow64_fs_redirection on the "Install" or individual component (or both) does not change check_file redirection.
It appears to always check the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder for installed file.
The log output always reports "C:\Windows\System32".

Also hard coding the check_file path with "C:\Windows\System32" instead of using #SYSTEMPATH will result in the same issue.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Daniel Doubrovkine

Mar 22, 2016, 1:09:38 PM3/22/16
to dotneti...@googlegroups.com
You'll have to debug this one, I don't see immediately why it wouldn't work.

Rami AbuGhazaleh