Wait msiexec in silent installation?

Leonid Maliutin

Sep 4, 2017, 10:22:19 AM9/4/17
to dotnetinstaller
Hello

I am trying to implement the silent installation.

I set
complete_command_silent = 'msiexec /i setup.msi /lv*x "#CABPATH\msi.log" PREREQLOGPATH="#CABPATH\setup.log" CAB_PATH="#CABPATH" /qn'
wait_for_complete_command
= 'True'

and call the command during an installation:
Setup.exe /q

But setup.exe process does not wait msiexec. It finishes before msiexec.

What should I do to setup.exe process waits for msiexec?

Daniel D.

Sep 4, 2017, 8:15:29 PM9/4/17
to dotneti...@googlegroups.com
Msiexec detaches execution from what I remember, you should not use msiexec with a complete command, use a regular MSI component, that can handle it.

Leonid Maliutin

Sep 5, 2017, 5:41:18 AM9/5/17
to dotnetinstaller
Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reply.

Now I see the the error. complete_command is used for additional operation after the main installation process.