Display XML source in browser

gegan

Jul 25, 2005, 2:17:04 AM7/25/05
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have some basic questions about how browsers display XML source, and
would be grateful if anyone could direct me to resources that explain
what occurs in IE, Safari, and Firefox.

Specifically I am using XSLT to transform XML into HTML. My company
wants to make both the HTML and the XML source available to our
readers. We direct them first to the HTML page where we have put a
link to the XML source for anyone who wants to see it. I am getting
the following results:

IE 6.0: Displays XML source code in tree format after a delay of about
20 seconds. Is this delay caused by MSXML processing?

Firefox 1.0: Displays XML source code in tree format with no delay.

Safari 1.0: Displays XML source code as text, not in tree format. Is
there a way to get Safari to show XML in tree format?

Thanks to anyone who can help with these questions.

Gery

Jonathan Dickinson

Jul 28, 2005, 5:48:04 AM7/28/05
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Try transforming the XML server side into the tree, there is a XSL file in IExplore.exe (i think) that is responsible for this - so just extract it and use it for your own purposes - you can use reshacker to do this - just google it, it is near the top on google.
--
Thanks

Jonathan Dickinson
Phone: +27 15 276 5007