Windows XP look and feel problem in Office Addin

Anand

Jul 19, 2005, 2:11:08 AM7/19/05
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
I have an Office Addin project in which click of commandbar
button i creates object of a form and show. Since i need XP look and
feel i created a manifest file, added in my application. But XP look
and feel seems to be not coming. Controls flatstyle is 'System'. But
when i did the same method for a Windows application project, this
works. Instead,I tried after InitializeComponent() in all forms,

Application.EnableVisualStyles()
Application.DoEvents()

it worked.(My OS is Windows XP) But when i click the commandbar button
again, it showed application has encountered a serious problem and
restarted.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vbtchUsingWindowsXPVisualStylesWithControlsOnWindowsForms.asp
was my reference to create manifest file.

Any help will be appreciated

frustrated vb.net guy

Jul 24, 2005, 7:43:59 PM7/24/05
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
If you are still looking for help, try:
How to apply Windows XP themes to Office COM add-ins
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830033

Anand

Jul 29, 2005, 9:22:46 AM7/29/05
to VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
Sorry,
I am looking for a VB.net code...Thanx for replying

Anand

Jul 29, 2005, 9:22:57 AM7/29/05