Ajax control Tool kit Extenders not working after deployment

Karthikeyan R

Nov 26, 2009, 3:24:57 AM11/26/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have recently deployed one application in web server, I have used Ajax control tool kit extenders CalendarExtender and AutoComplete Extender.  Both these extenders works good in local where as it does not work on the server.
I have dot net frame work 2.0 installed in my machine, I have used the Ajax control tool kit dll in the application & added to my codebehind page like this,

<%

@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

Used the calendar extender as below,

<cc1:CalendarExtender ID="caldate" runat="server"

TargetControlID="txtentrydate" CssClass="MyCalendar" PopupButtonID="imgdate" Format="dd-MMM-yyyy">

</cc1:CalendarExtender>

Can some one point me where it might went wrong?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Karthikeyan

Raghupathi Kamuni

Nov 26, 2009, 4:10:47 AM11/26/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com

Karthikeyan R

Nov 26, 2009, 4:16:37 AM11/26/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Raghu !!

Atul Atey

Nov 26, 2009, 4:17:36 AM11/26/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Hi there;

Do you have ScriptManager at the top of your aspx page. Do you added HTTPModule and HTTPHandlers in web.config, have you aaded the reference of Ajax control tool kit dll to the bin folder of your application. If yes then it should work and if not I have to go through the code.........

Regards;
Atul

Karthikeyan R

Nov 26, 2009, 11:24:37 PM11/26/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Hi Atul,

1. I have already included Script Manager at the top of aspx page.
2. I have already added the reference of ajaxcontroltoolkit in the bin folder.
3. Have added HTTPModule & HTTPhandlers.

Please find the code below,

<httpHandlers>
<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
<add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false"
type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false"
type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd"
type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>
</httpHandlers>
<httpModules>
<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</httpModules>

Still the issue persists, any ideas?
>>> *Used the calendar extender as below,*

Atul Atey

Nov 26, 2009, 11:45:36 PM11/26/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide me with the aspx page.

Karthikeyan R

Nov 28, 2009, 1:53:19 AM11/28/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Instead of copying System.Web.Extensions.dll & System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll from C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025 and placing it in the bin, I added these dlls as references before publishing website. Now the extenders works good.

Atul Atey

Nov 28, 2009, 2:25:07 AM11/28/09
to dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for informing