API results limit troubleshooting

Cody C.

Mar 26, 2024, 9:39:59 AMMar 26
to dotCMS User Group
Good afternoon,

I am trying to adjust the number of results that appear when using my api link with an input field. I can grab the data, but for some reason it has a hard cap of 100 results. I have tried setting the limit to 0, the total number of entries in this content type, and an exceeding value beyond the max number of entries (180) but the cap is still at 100. My API link looks something like this: https://..............+working:true/limit/0. I have this link pasted into a javascript file that the application is using, and it has no issues grabbing the most recent 100 published entries.

I am using an enterprise version of dotCMS, I have an admin role, and there doesn't seem to be any special configurations specific to my organization that could be causing this. If anyone could provide any insight on this issue I would really appreciate it!

Mark Pitely

Mar 26, 2024, 10:27:36 AMMar 26
to dot...@googlegroups.com
You are correct in that what you have should work. There could be other restrictors in your API string that we aren't seeing (a - something, for example, that is filtering)
Are you sure you have more than 100 *published* entries? Have you tried re-indexing via the Maintenance tab?
I just know that I have thought it was something wrong with the system, but it was really something with my query or the data.

Mark Pitely
Albright College

--
http://www.dotcms.com - Open Source headless/hybrid CMS