how to switch from blank Community install to demo site

Jon Ku

Feb 23, 2024, 7:47:26 AMFeb 23
to dotCMS User Group
Hello!

I just installed the community version with Docker, but the blank site.

How can I remove this version and install the one with demo content?

I have tried deleting the docker container and reloading, but without success.

Thanks for any tips!

- Jon

Will Ezell

Feb 26, 2024, 10:20:27 AMFeb 26
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Jon:

You need to blow away your database and then restart dotCMS with the CUSTOM_STARTER_URL env variable.

Make sure you use the custom starter that is appropriate for the version of dotCMS you are running.  They are listed next to the release number here:

https://www.dotcms.com/docs/latest/changelogs?v=agile#release-24.02.20

--
http://www.dotcms.com - Open Source headless/hybrid CMS
---