dotCMS21.06.03 new installation problems (binary 404 and docker 403)

Abdo Abood

Dec 16, 2021, 8:38:25 AM12/16/21
to dotCMS User Group
Hi All.

I have a problem with the first installation of dotCMS. If I install the system using docker the home page is working fine, BUT I can't access the admin panel (site.com/dotAdmin), I got an error with HTTP error code 403, I guess it's restricted only on HTTPS. Is there any way to disable it for now so that I can access dotAdmin successfully?

Also, I tried to install it using binary distribution, I can access the dotAdmin, BUT the home page doesn't work and comes with HTTP error 404, in addition to that I didn't find the demo site in the admin panel.

Anybody can help with this, please. It's very urgent.
Thank you.

Nollymar Longa

Dec 17, 2021, 5:53:03 PM12/17/21
to dotCMS User Group
Hi Abdo.

The reason might be that you are using empty starter to deploy the server. Set this environment variable in your docker-compose.yml and try again:

The variable must be set under the dotcms service.

Regards,

Nollymar