Error logging into default Demo instance with DotCLI

Jeff Whitfield

Jun 10, 2024, 4:39:48 PMJun 10
to dotCMS User Group
Hey folks,

Ok, so I'm working on getting a proof of concept up and running on my local Mac machine. Basically, I want to show my co-workers what it looks like to use DotCMS in a local environment using Docker Desktop and the DotCMS CLI.

I've installed both the CLI and Docker. Got a local copy of DotCMS running in Docker using the Demo Docker Compose file. DotCMS seems to be running well and the CLI seems to work.

However, when I go to "login" to the local DotCMS instance with the CLI tool, I get the following error:

[ERROR] ❗  Error in command [login] with message:
  PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I'm assuming it has something to do with the SSL configuration of DotCMS. I looked through the documentation but didn't find anything that would help with this error. I'm sure it's something relatively simple so...could anyone point me in the right direction in getting this fixed?

Keep in mind I'm not an expert at Docker or DotCMS so assume I'm an idiot. :P

Thanks so much in advance for the help!  :D

Jeff W.

Fabrizzio Araya

Jun 11, 2024, 4:21:18 PMJun 11
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,
I imagine this could be happening because when you configured your dotcms-cli profile you didn't specify HTTPS
while the target instance is configured to expect a secure handshake so to speak.

--
http://www.dotcms.com - Open Source headless/hybrid CMS
---

Jeff Whitfield

Jun 12, 2024, 5:04:25 PMJun 12
to dotCMS User Group
Indeed. I feel a bit like a dummy really. Figured out that the 8082 port URL allows for logging in without SSL so gonna try that later. :)

Jeff