https://dotcms.com/docs/latest/installing-from-release 404

CloudAPIs

Mar 9, 2024, 10:59:08 PMMar 9
to dotCMS User Group
HI team,
I can't find  https://dotcms.com/docs/latest/installing-from-release page recently.
Is there another guide so I can run a local dev environment?

Jameson Mauro

Mar 11, 2024, 6:14:04 PMMar 11
to dotCMS User Group
Hey there,

We retired some of our previous guides on installation from binary or source; these days we almost exclusively recommend setup via Docker container. The quickest way to get up and running is described in the Quick Start Guide.

In a nutshell:
  1. Grab Docker (or Docker Desktop)
  2. Generate a Docker Compose file with a recent version via the Current Releases page
    • If you need an older version, you can just edit the compose file to point it instead to a different one of our Docker tags.
      • If you also need the Demo starter included on said older version, the recommended starter images are linked under each version in our changelogs.
  3. Finally, from the working directory containing the Docker Compose file, use the command docker compose up
Once it initializes, you'll find your instance at http://localhost:8082. See Logging into dotCMS for sign-in instructions. If you used one of the generated YML files, the initial password should be admin; otherwise, the default behavior is to auto-generate an initial password you can then find in the log.

More info can be found in our pages on Docker. That said, happy to answer any other questions you may have, as some of our Docker doc content may be due for update and consolidation.

-Jamie