Rich Text - No Title Content Type

Allie Lopez-Cuadra

Sep 21, 2022, 8:12:20 AM9/21/22
to dotCMS User Group
Hi :)

We created a "Rich Text - No Title" content type. We use it within our website when we want to display html text but do not want a title associated with the content. For example, appointment booking code:
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 6.48.07 PM.png

Now usually this works fine because we only have 1 of these content type per website but we hit a bit of a snag....We have a website that requires 2 of these booking engines...it looks like the system sees it as 1 piece of content because when I try and insert the second content, it replaces the code in the first one.

How can I tell dotCMS that they are 2 unique pieces of content? I thought that maybe if I inserted a "Title" it might help but it didn't do the trick.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 6.52.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 5.00.13 PM.png
Thanks for any help!

Allie

Mark Pitely

Sep 21, 2022, 11:12:42 AM9/21/22
to dot...@googlegroups.com
1) Perhaps a radio/select for the two different pages/environments? (To be used on page x, to be used on page y) This approach would help with editing as well so no one accidentally changes the incorrect one when searching.
2) Make a clone of the structure, but that would make you change your code and containers.
3) Add 'Unique' to the body (or title, i guess) which would require some thought and manipulation, but would avoid dupes.

Just 3 quick ideas that should work without knowing more about your architecture. If there are reasons these approaches won't work, let me know why and I will think again,

Mark

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management
---

Nathan Keiter

Sep 21, 2022, 11:28:36 AM9/21/22
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Just a technical note. Not sure if this has changed in newer versions of dotCMS.

$title is a system field/property of all content, whether or not you actually have a title field defined. It's default value is typically the first eligible value in the field list.

In a container loop, I think $title should get over-written by the next one in the loop like any other property.

Also, do you have a content limit on that container? The behavior might be caused by exceeding the limit. (Replacing rather than adding.)

Nathan I. Keiter | Network Applications Programmer
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993
https://www.gettysburg.edu<https://www.gettysburg.edu/>
________________________________

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 8:12 AM Allie Lopez-Cuadra <allielop...@gmail.com<mailto:allielop...@gmail.com>> wrote:
[...]

http://dotcms.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fdotcms.com&c=E,1,nL5HySFocWvDsfXhvrXAJZMb4uhHcC4iGAdi4tkNtCIYENh5WXWAU5Pwo-1owacBGWr-YxvGr-lYdp0Dp0XySwZKs5n5ZME9HBa7F7iPaX1FrF7BUrjMoEreEA,,&typo=1> - Open Source Java Content Management
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dotCMS User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dotcms/ca195a31-939f-4304-aa95-db3422f5e4e5n%40googlegroups.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgroups.google.com%2fd%2fmsgid%2fdotcms%2fca195a31-939f-4304-aa95-db3422f5e4e5n%2540googlegroups.com%3futm_medium%3demail%26utm_source%3dfooter&c=E,1,3scwi7KUN0wjikPvmA9zdrO4y0B5OWsn7i9klkZnP6VbE8j_06eroX9632CLOMEETZNgOwcy4DZFC0jCZDWN7zHr0g6ShCaNjRQX25Xl987peF9srUyMsw,,&typo=1>.

--
http://dotcms.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fdotcms.com&c=E,1,T4MI_Be7XZ2F8F1YFyb-mtqSu4xpLKOrmenWoEXiFF1FlVC77g04bqHISqE_Tz2a3MTGsUsVDkkiKe5pI0c79smXEhOm9-TReIAR0EY0s0nQByp0Gd0,&typo=1> - Open Source Java Content Management
---

Allie Lopez-Cuadra

Sep 22, 2022, 11:32:04 AM9/22/22
to dotCMS User Group
Ok, all of those sound like great options...I really like the radio button idea but that might be beyond my dotCMS knowledge so what I did was created a code snippet widget for both and it is working.