dotCMS CE GraphQL Hack?

Alex

Sep 4, 2021, 11:10:26 AMSep 4
to dotCMS User Group
Happy Saturday to everyone!

I am working with dotCMS CE, NEXT JS and REACT to generate a static version of our site.

The Community Edition does not have access to the GraphQL Page API Layout

  layout {
      header
      footer
}

Does anyone know a hack or a way around to obtain the header and footer without the page API?

Thanks,

alex

Falzone, Chris

Sep 7, 2021, 11:23:51 AMSep 7
to dot...@googlegroups.com
I am not 100% sure but I believe the entire Layout as a Service feature is a paid feature.  I assume that means you cannot even see the Rest API?
https://dotcms.com/docs/latest/page-rest-api-layout-as-a-service-laas

I am not entirely keen on providing ways for folks to not pay dotCMS for the things they want paid for ;) That being said, It would take some work (which IMO, will probably cost you more in dev time and headaches than just paying for the license), but you could pull the rendered html for any page with a request in your app and then use dom manipulates to get where you want.

Good luck!

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management
---

Christopher Falzone

DevOps Engineer

A Q U E N T  /  VITAMIN T

Alex

Sep 8, 2021, 8:46:04 PMSep 8
to dotCMS User Group
Chris:

I am sorry I did not mean to disrupt the license issue.

Perhaps, I did not express myself well.  We are building all the layout in the react app so we do not need the layout as a service feature.  However, our new header and footer are dynamically created by many pulls of content so I figure it would be easier to import into REACT the html already processed by all the dotcontent pulls.

I will explore the DOM approach you are suggesting.

Thank you again,

Regards,

Alex