Using reCaptcha with dotCMS

Mark Orciuch

May 26, 2021, 2:28:30 PMMay 26
to dotCMS User Group
Hello,

Silly question: how would one validate the reCaptcha token on the dotCMS back end?

Many thanks in advance for any tips or technique on how to do this.

jonathan...@dotcms.com

May 26, 2021, 2:46:18 PMMay 26
to dotCMS User Group
Hi Mark,

At least on my understanding dotCMS do not have any native support for reCaptcha.

However, I would use a third-party library and create a rest endpoint to send the capcha responde to the backend and check if it is valid.

Best,

Falzone, Chris

May 26, 2021, 3:19:48 PMMay 26
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Not too hard to pull together in a simple VTL file parsed on a page in dotCMS, then configure your Recaptcha to point to this page ....

https://gist.github.com/cfalzone/453fb62314cc9109ce1588393a11f033

That's a simplified version of ours.  Hope it helps!

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management
---

Christopher Falzone

DevOps Engineer

A Q U E N T  /  VITAMIN T

Mark Orciuch

May 26, 2021, 4:15:12 PMMay 26
to dotCMS User Group
Excellent! The "$json.fetch" is what I was missing. Thanks, guys!