Either "Live" or "Working" indices are in read-only mode

Alex

Dec 29, 2022, 7:23:25 PM12/29/22
to dotCMS User Group
Dear Group:

I am running on 22.10 out of the sudden I start getting an error Either "Live" or "Working" indices are in read-only mode.

And even though content is create it I can not see it until I reboot the server.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Lex

Alex

Dec 29, 2022, 7:29:55 PM12/29/22
to dotCMS User Group
I forgot to mention that I have tried to reindex but when I click Re Index it stays at 0% and  does not create any new index.  It just stays with the last working one.
Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 6.29.09 PM.png

Mark Pitely

Jan 3, 2023, 12:16:21 PM1/3/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Oh, that's tough - it is clearly not indexing.

I'd try stopping the reindex process and starting over and hoping that this time it indexes. Make sure to stay and watch - I've never had the count stay at 0 like you have there.
I'd also suggest dumping the contents, but I'm guessing if the index doesn't work that won't really be an option.

If that doesn't work, next step would be to try to reindex the individual parts and perhaps find out what structure is causing the index to fail.
The log might have some details; right when it starts the reindex there's almost certain to be a clear error message (out of memory? Can't write to SQL/Drive?)
What is this hosted on?

Mark Pitely
Albright College

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management
---

Will Ezell

Jan 3, 2023, 1:01:31 PM1/3/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Alex - pretty sure your disk is full and your ES indexes have been automatically set to "READ ONLY" mode. You can google and see solutions e.g.

--

382 NE 191st St #92150
Miami, Florida 33179-3899

Lex Medeiros

Jan 4, 2023, 8:44:55 AM1/4/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Dear Will and Mark:

Thank you so much for the help! It was indeed the problem that Will pointed out.  Lack of disk space.

Regards,

Alex