Using a folder field path in a mapped url pattern

David Bertrand

Jul 3, 2024, 12:20:03 PM (yesterday) Jul 3
to dotCMS User Group
This seems like a very simple concept that must have been tried before but I can't find any reference to it or examples of this being done. Can I use a "site or folder" field path in the url pattern for my url-mapped content?
e.g. {folderField.path}/{urlTitle}/

As a workaround, I've tried making a custom field to pull the value from the folder field but I'm also having trouble binding to the change event for that.

Anyone done anything like this before? Thanks.