When clustering, you only ever want to only push to one server in the cluster.
This can be achieved by using the load balancer URL instead of the direct server URL.
The load balancer will automatically pick the least busy node in the cluster.
Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
> on behalf of Rahul Patel <rahul...@parsus.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:05 PM
To: dotCMS User Group
Subject: [dotcms] Pushing to a Cluster Behind a Load Balancer
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
When pushing to a cluster<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdotcms.com%2fdocs%2flatest%2fpush-publishing-endpoints%23Cluster&c=E,1,yb2CXGhia0CAQWp4kH3olWfMKx23EHz136xL29b6eoT0QPuoR5nVNIKPNwVgccaCy3vByUDuKLHeoCkt1CvIMkl0LxGfTDMrdaDrnkNbBy7-vZLU&typo=1
> that is behind a load balancer do you set the Push Mode to Push to One Endpoint or Push to All Endpoints? The docs state:
When pushing to a cluster<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdotcms.com%2fdocs%2flatest%2fcluster-setup&c=E,1,GVt07o1u1g8qFreIsPaIXZtsvneBxTRcuyUum4aWHmOKulIvr10gpzabVLAqcpYARd--Fs9Z32BVRuqzG0CDnMxoSW9C0ArdaCEbDZDo&typo=1
>, you must do one of the following:
* Set the Push Mode to Push to One Server.
* When you push to a single server in a cluster, the servers in the cluster automatically synchronize the content among themselves.
* If you attempt to push to all servers in the cluster, different servers may end up with different copies of the same content, which will cause synchronization problems among the servers in the cluster.
* Push to a Load Balancer placed in front of the cluster.
* It is recommended practice to use a Load Balancer in front of a cluster, to help manage performance.
* When you use a Load Balancer, it is recommended that you push to the Load Balancer, rather than to the individual servers in the cluster.
If picking the 2nd option, does it mean _not_ to pick Push to One Server? It's not totally clear.
> - Open Source Java Content Management
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dotCMS User Group" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dotcms+un...@googlegroups.com
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dotcms/e2be14ba-5bff-47f9-b4b4-2749b0ab67f7n%40googlegroups.com