A select field with icons instead of text?

Lex Medeiros

Feb 5, 2023, 2:06:34 PM2/5/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Group!

I need to create a select field that consists of an image and a reference to it.

Icon-URL-Reference-to-Pass-to-Server| Image to be displayed to the user to select the icon

Is there a way to do this in HTML backend?  I can do list of texts without issues.

The reason I need the format like that is because I need the content editor to select the icon that is most appropriate to the description he or she will use in a text field. And, on the server response use the correct HTML to display the icon.

Thank you for any input!

Alex

Mark Pitely

Feb 6, 2023, 9:23:08 AM2/6/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
You can use a custom field (a field type in the structure) to insert arbitrary javascript to interact with the internal form that will allow this to work.

If you have questions about how this would work, just ask.

Mark Pitely
Albright College

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management