Very early work on a new session manager

Travis West

May 6, 2022, 7:58:11 AM5/6/22
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi list,

I've started working on an experimental alternative libmapper session manager. You can follow the work in progress here: https://github.com/DocSunset/mapsman

It's a very early work in progress, and I may abandon it depending on time constraints etc., but the script already provides a useful list of sliders for editing destination signals.

Happy to discuss further, and let me know if you are working on anything similar in case we can pool our resources together.

Cheers,

Travis West

Brady Boettcher

May 6, 2022, 9:56:19 AM5/6/22
to dot_mapper
Hi Travis,
I'm applying for a Mitacs internship with the Metalab that will be pursuing very similar goals to this type of session manager. Your README does a great job of comparing this with the same functionality in webmapper, and your earlier post about refactoring webmapper for web assembly seems relevant as well. I'd be interested in chatting with you about these 3 endeavors in more detail, and maybe we can both collaborate a bit on whatever avenue we decide to take. A discussion like this would help my application narrow down on concrete tasks as well so we don't overlap too much.
Thanks,
Brady Boettcher

d.andrew STEWART

May 15, 2022, 12:09:12 PM5/15/22
to dot_mapper
Hello @Brady Boettcher,  Metalab at the SAT , right?  Are you following the WebXR projects right now?  I'm part of the team, called "RedSpills". In the coming days, I'm going to try to shoot a connection tutorial (from the artist-practitioner's perspective). We send OCS to instances of Faust instruments, which are embedded in a VR environment (Moz:lla's Hubs).  In the team, I think I'm the only one using Webmapper/libmapper (in Max). So, mapping – between the Karlax DMI and several Faust synthesis namespaces – is accomplished locally on my computer before sending OSC (via "babyhands") to Hubs. A browser-based Webmapper, visible to all parties on the internet, would be awesome – if I have understand your project, well.  From the side of the artist-practitioner, ...I'm here to test, if you need someone.
-----

Brady Boettcher

May 18, 2022, 9:55:11 PM5/18/22
to dot_mapper
Hi D. Andrew, yep with the SAT! Your project sounds like a good fit for the distribution and session management work I plan on doing for the internship if the application is accepted. You're welcome to participate in the evaluation sessions to try everything out if you're interested if/when the time comes.
Thanks,
Brady

d.andrew STEWART

May 24, 2022, 10:59:03 PM5/24/22
to dot_mapper
👍🏽

d.andrew STEWART

May 25, 2022, 9:45:56 AM5/25/22
to dot_mapper
Hi everyone

The SAT shared this information recently (RE: XR, presented in Moz:lla's HUBS).  Use Firefox browser, if you have time to attend

Satellite invites you to the launch of its virtual gallery! Five XR web residency projects will be presented to you by international artists. You can then visit the works and discuss with the artists.

Date: May 31st, 2022
Time : 12h00 PM EST

In order to control your movements in the Satellite platform, please consult the connection instructions beforehand. For better performance, we recommend browsing on Firefox or Google Chrome. The use of a headset and a mouse is recommended.

d.andrew STEWART

May 27, 2022, 7:05:05 PM5/27/22
to dot_mapper
Follow-up: Our actual performance is at 5:30PM EST