Libmapper on Windows

Brady Boettcher

Oct 8, 2021, 6:17:46 PM10/8/21
to dot_mapper
Hi folks,
I've made some documentation for getting the current state of libmapper building on windows, as well as building the mpr.device external for Max 8. It requires quite a bit of hacks, but the instructions should get you there, and have links to everything you should need.
Currently, building the max external is a lot quicker since I was able to use cmake to generate visual studio solutions, and I'm hoping to modify the libmapper build to do the same thing soon. The same goes for the rest of the externals that I haven't gotten to as well.
After that's done, hopefully we can try and package everything in a .msi installer :)

If anyone ends up trying the instructions, I'd appreciate some feedback about how the process was for you or any problems encountered.

Thanks,
Brady

Brady Boettcher

Oct 9, 2021, 2:22:56 AM10/9/21
to dot_mapper
Got libmapper compiling through cmake now! PR created here with updated build instructions if anyone's interested in trying the new quick and easy method. All the cool kids are doing it.
Thanks,
Brady

Johnty Wang

Oct 9, 2021, 2:12:24 PM10/9/21
to dot_mapper
Awesome! Looking forward to trying it out. Once we have the swig bindings compiling and linking properly (should be relatively easy now) we will have webmapper running too, as the Max objects are working already.. Looking forward to making a full release package on Windows!

Brady Boettcher

Oct 9, 2021, 3:45:55 PM10/9/21
to dot_mapper
Just created a PR for the mapper-max-pd repo with cmake support that bundles all of the externals into a single visual studio solution. Now both libmapper and the max externals should be stable on windows with minimal hacks! Might be useful to have a chat about next steps for the swig bindings, which is a new concept for me.
Best,
Brady

Brady Boettcher

Oct 10, 2021, 10:34:50 PM10/10/21
to dot_mapper
Last one I swear... just made one more PR for the oscmulticast max external (used for setting mappings and other osc data) so that the chain is complete for max externals on windows :)