How do you build stand-alone from: webmapper-macosx-10-standalone_v2.3

d.andrew STEWART

Oct 21, 2022, 9:49:23 AM10/21/22
to dot_mapper
Good day

How do you build the stand-alone from: webmapper-macosx-10-standalone_v2.3 (I added the "v2.3")?

When I download and uncompress, the contents of webmapper-macosx-10-standalone_v2.3 looks like source code. I see `webmapper` without a file extension . Do I do something with this file?

A tutorial on how to build/compile an executable / binary / application would be much appreciated?  Aside, I have the same request for being able to build Max externals from source.

I'm currently introducing this technology to my grad. student. For now, he'll be using earlier versions, which we can get operational – these are the versions I currently use:
WebMapper20191211
mapper-1.2.4-osx-max8-pd-20200131

Please help
Thank you

Brady Boettcher

Oct 30, 2022, 11:43:37 PM10/30/22
to dot_mapper
Hi D Andrew,
I'm still working out some kinks for the mac standalone version, but you can still set it up easily on mac!
1. Install the libmapper python module with "pip install libmapper"
2. Download the webmapper source code from github and start the program with "python -m webmapper" in the webmapper folder

Let me know if anything goes wrong with these steps, but it should be fine for mac 10!
Best,
Brady

d.andrew STEWART

Nov 3, 2022, 1:02:48 AM11/3/22
to dot_mapper
Got it Brady.  Thanks.  I'll give it a try, shortly.  Thx