libmapper in Bitwig Studio

Mathias Bredholt

Feb 11, 2020, 7:39:45 PM2/11/20
to dot_mapper
Hi all,

I'm excited to announce that I'm working on an extension to Bitwig Studio https://www.bitwig.com/en/home.html, which will enable native libmapper running within Bitwig. As Bitwig has an open controller API, it lets its users run Java extension. By using the Java bindings of libmapper together with Bitwig's API we can map directly to all parameters within Bitwig + external VST plugins. The Bitwig API has a lot of advanced functionality for automatically binding controllers to parameters, so I think a lot of exciting mappings could come out of this.

I'm also working on the Sopranino T-Stick libmapper version, and with these applications together, a true plug-and-play system can be build, requiring no setup except for connecting the T-Stick and installing the extension.

The repo for the extension is here: https://github.com/mathiasbredholt/libmapper_bitwig

Mathias Bredholt

Feb 11, 2020, 7:41:55 PM2/11/20
to dot_mapper
Also, if anyone knows anything about maven and Java packaging, I could use some help with how to distribute this extension.

Joseph Malloch

Feb 12, 2020, 10:12:01 AM2/12/20
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
This looks great – let me know if you find any problems with the java bindings!

Cheers,
Joe

Mathias Bredholt