Min/max inverted values not correctly being saved

d.andrew STEWART

Feb 7, 2021, 2:45:28 PM2/7/21
to dot_mapper
Are you able to reproduce the following (I'm still using WebMapper 0.2). Invert destination min and max values (e.g., Source is 0 to 127; Destination 127 to 0). Save mappings. Erase all mapping and load saved mappings file. See example of results, below. Note, inverting values and also scaling correctly saves (e.g., Source is 0 to 127; Destination 64 to 10)

My best, A

-----------This is what WebMapper saves

{
"sources": [
{
"name": "karlax.1/raw/twist",
"direction": "output",
"calibrating": false,
"bound_min": "none",
"minimum": 0,
"maximum": 127,
"bound_max": "none"
}
],
"destinations": [
{
"name": "haverfield.1/9_channel/control/01/GM/modwheel",
"direction": "input",
"calibrating": false,
"bound_max": "none",
"minimum": 127,
"maximum": 127,
"bound_min": "none"
}
],
"selected": false,
"hidden": false,
"id": "3873042460598862020",
"muted": false,
"num_inputs": 1,
"version": 0,
"expression": "dst=src[0]*-0+127",
"mode": "linear"
},

-----------This is what I need. Easily edited in the JSON, but time-consuming to do them all. Changed destination maximum, expression and mode.

{
"sources": [
{
"name": "karlax.1/raw/twist",
"direction": "output",
"calibrating": false,
"bound_min": "none",
"minimum": 0,
"maximum": 127,
"bound_max": "none"
}
],
"destinations": [
{
"name": "haverfield.1/9_channel/control/01/GM/modwheel",
"direction": "input",
"calibrating": false,
"bound_max": "none",
"minimum": 127,
"maximum": 0,
"bound_min": "none"
}
],
"selected": false,
"hidden": false,
"id": "3873042460598862020",
"muted": false,
"num_inputs": 1,
"version": 0,
"expression": "dst=src[0]*-1+127",
"mode": "expression"
},

-----------

Joseph Malloch

Feb 11, 2021, 10:05:52 AM2/11/21
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

I can’t reproduce the bug so it has probably been fixed already – is it possible for you to upgrade to more recent versions of the max objects and webmapper?

Cheers,
Joe

d.andrew STEWART

Apr 28, 2021, 1:56:34 PM4/28/21
to dot_mapper
Thx. You are probably right:  time for WebMapper update