esp32 dev board

Stephen Sinclair

Jul 2, 2020, 12:49:13 PM7/2/20
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

What's the best ESP32 board to get for testing libmapper + audio synthesis?

Steve

Mathias Bredholt

Jul 2, 2020, 1:05:12 PM7/2/20
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I’m using the ESP LyraT board, which works great. It’s available at Mouser here:

But the official faust2esp package doesn’t support the codec on the board. I have the code to get it running but it’s not really well packaged yet. In a couple of weeks I should have something ready. The libmapper part should work fine though:

Cheers,
Mathias

Stephen Sinclair

Jul 2, 2020, 1:10:11 PM7/2/20
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!

I think I'll buy one.. or several.. ;)

cheers,
Steve
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dot_mapper/710B4265-556A-46BE-A191-20F9A149880B%40gmail.com.

Mathias Bredholt

Jul 3, 2020, 5:04:56 AM7/3/20
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Your welcome! Great to hear that you’re getting one, currently I’m using my own fork of FAUST to implement the changes necessary for the codec on the LyraT board. Maybe down the road we can make it a joined effort to make a pull request?

Cheers,
Mathias
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dot_mapper/CADopUHZ%2BiZNQ7%2BEtcmOFYctxqnBfCKP7sMLJEvS3Sa7Uajd_xw%40mail.gmail.com.

Stephen Sinclair

Jul 9, 2020, 3:38:02 PM7/9/20
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Ha, maybe down the road ;)
It's a bit far down on my todo list but I hope to get up to speed!
I recommend following the faust mailing list if you're not already, there is lots of discussion about ESP32 on there lately, in fact it's what reminded me to ask about it.

Steve