Distribution and bridge updates

Brady Boettcher

Sep 25, 2022, 7:03:04 PM9/25/22
to dot_mapper
Hey all,
There are a few new updates that have improved libmapper's distribution and usage that we've completed in the past few months, so here is the current status for any interested parties:

Libmapper (github):
  • Version 2.3 released here with easy compilation working on Windows, Linux and MacOS
    • Install python bindings with pip install libmapper​
    • Prebuilt packages for Windows and Ubuntu
  • Website updated with up-to-date download links, bridges and projects
Webmapper (github):
  • Version 2.3 released here with no setup except for `pip install libmapper`
    • Prebuilt standalone applications for Windows and Ubuntu (MacOS WIP)
  • Session management improvements coming soon
New Integrations:
  • New TouchDesigner bridge created here (all platforms), simple to set up
  • SuperCollider bridge improvements here (all platforms now)
    • waitForBoot and signal Busses added
  • Ableton Live bridge here (Windows, MacOS)
    • Requires Max externals to be built from here (easy compilation on Windows now)

I hope these improvements have made the framework a bit more accessible for non-developers and provide some cool new opportunities for connecting things, but feel free to let us know if you're having any issues with things in the IDMIL Slack!

Thanks,
Brady Boettcher

Stephen Sinclair

Sep 26, 2022, 5:53:17 AM9/26/22
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brady!

I just did a "pip install libmapper" on my Ubuntu laptop and it 'just worked' :) :)

regards,
Steve