Favor: Borrow early socket AM4 cpu

Tony Jones

Jan 1, 2024, 1:01:21 PMJan 1
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to post - yet again - asking for a favor but I've drawn a blank asking around.

I bought a socket AM4 motherboard off eBay recently.  It was pictured with an early Ryzen 1600 cpu but the seller didn't include it and refuses to.  I guess he doesn't care about feedback. I can file a return but it was a good price, IF it works.

Issue is that it appears the seller never updated the BIOS.  None of the CPUs I have will POST, so I can't upgrade the BIOS and it doesn't have the new cpu-less flashing technology.

Does anyone have an early socket AM4 cpu I could borrow for a couple of hours.  Ideally in NE/SE PDX.    It needs to be the original Summit Ridge microarch,  so Zen1 (Ryzen 1200/1400/1600) or Athlon X4 970,  A6-9500, A8-9600. A10-9700E etc.

Please drop me a line off-list.  I'll happily drive to pick up and return.

Thanks and Happy New Year