Can anyone bring a modular synth case this evening?

Paul Stoffregen

Nov 13, 2023, 7:51:50 PM11/13/23
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
I designed a PCB for modular synth... but I don't own a case or any
other modules.  Just went by specs found online.

Hoping to check whether it actually fits in a real case, someone with a
rack can bring it to the meeting this evening?

Jared Boone

Nov 13, 2023, 7:59:18 PM11/13/23
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
I’m guessing you mean Eurorack? That seems to be the most common form factor in my limited experience. But there are others.

- Jared

> On Nov 13, 2023, at 16:52, Paul Stoffregen <pa...@pjrc.com> wrote:
>
> I designed a PCB for modular synth... but I don't own a case or any other modules. Just went by specs found online.
>
> Hoping to check whether it actually fits in a real case, someone with a rack can bring it to the meeting this evening?

Paul Stoffregen

Nov 13, 2023, 8:05:08 PM11/13/23
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
Yup, Eurorack.  My PCB is supposed to be 3U tall and 10hp wide.  The
real question is whether it can actually fit in a real case.

Darcy Neal

Nov 13, 2023, 8:51:46 PM11/13/23
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
I have a small 48hp case I can bring for sizing but don't have a power supply for it.

--
Darcy Neal
art. sound. electronics.