Does anybody recognize this pt2399 board?

Mykle Hansen

May 27, 2024, 11:10:50 PMMay 27
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
Hi, happy spring!

I picked this out of the dorkbot free pile some ages ago & am finally noticing it more closely now:

image0.jpeg

Mykle Hansen

May 29, 2024, 1:30:31 PMMay 29
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Did my picture of this board go through? I sent it, but i didnt see it in the digest & some of my text was also missing, hmmm …

-m-
--
IM IN MY IPHON MISPELIN UR W0RDZ

> On May 27, 2024, at 8:10 PM, Mykle Hansen <my...@mykle.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi, happy spring!
>
> I picked this out of the dorkbot free pile some ages ago & am finally noticing it more closely now:
>
> <image0.jpeg>
>

> This is some kind of circuit for playing with a pt2399 delay chip, and its a heck of a complicated DIY soldering job. Bravo to whoever hand-soldered all this.
>
> I dont even know if it works or not, but im really curious if anybody has a schematic for it. Especially since it seems to be missing one capacitor of an unknown size.
>
> Other than that, all the solder joints look good enough and all the chips are right-side-up … i just assumed someone hadn't been able to make it go & threw it on the free pile.
>
> I was gonna salvage the delay chip from it, but then id have to fab some other board to probably do the same sort of thing as this one …
>
> -mykle-
> --
> IM IN MY IPHON MISPELIN UR W0RDZ

Jason Barnett

May 29, 2024, 4:33:43 PMMay 29
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
Yes it did, but unfortunately I am unable to help identify the board.

It looks like it was made by oshpark, maybe the designer shared the design. You could try searching their website and maybe get lucky.

Oshpark.com/shared_projects

Andrew M. C. Dawes

May 29, 2024, 4:43:35 PMMay 29
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
It looks like a guitar pedal, something like the deep blue delay or a clone. The three knobs match a delay pedal and “in” and “out” are certainly consistent with that. Google “pt2399 delay pedal” for a number of possible schematics.

-Andy