Looking for a G3 “clamshell” iBook

aaron...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2024, 2:33:30 AMApr 7
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

This is a bit out of left field, but I thought I’d ask here before going elsewhere. Does anyone have an original G3 iBook they willing mind parting with? Color isn’t very important, nor is functionality. I’m looking for a project box essentially.

Thanks
-Aaron

Ward Cunningham

Apr 9, 2024, 7:11:23 PMApr 9
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
I have some old iBook computers including one that stayed on the workbench for looking up data sheets.

It is labeled G4 iBook, not what you want. I’m also impressed that it booted since I haven’t looked up many data sheets since I started spending all my hacking time on federated wiki 12 years ago. Notice that there is a second one underneath and they both have been charging. I think my wife wanted to junk hers but I wouldn’t let her. This is actually my favorite Mac because it felt so comfortable in the hand.

I have a third similar computer that it simply labeled iBook. This was last put into service as Photobot which entertained the collected Dorks when we use to meet downtown. I found the blog post which has folks competing to drive the bot using a web app I served from the iBook.

Everyone please that I have been good at stacking computers before virtualization made that a web dev norm.

Best regards — Ward

Michael Bunsen

Apr 12, 2024, 6:26:45 PMApr 12
to dorkbotpd...@googlegroups.com
Ward, I still have my first Hypercard stacks (mostly animations) on 3.5" Macintosh System 6 floppies that I hope to spend some time recovering during one of these dark winters. Maybe I can trade you some blackberry clipping or weed pulling for help :)

Sorry for the digression!