Software Freedom Day this Saturday

steevithak

Sep 15, 2010, 5:54:23 PM9/15/10
to dorkbotdfw
Hope this isn't too far off-topic for Dorkbot!

Software Freedom Day is coming up this Saturday, Sep 18 from 1pm-6pm.
Dallas Makerspace is hosting the Dallas portion of this annual, world-
wide event. Here's the official info:

Software Freedom Day at Dallas Makerspace

If you write free software, use free software, or want to learn about
software freedom, come join us for Software Freedom Day. We have free
swag (free as in free beer) from the Free Software Foundation, Redhat,
and Canonical. That means we'll have Redhat Fedora GNU/Linux CDs,
Ubuntu GNU/Linux CDs, free software stickers, GPL stickers, anti-DRM
(digital restrictions management) stickers, FSF newsletters, and more.
We're planning short talks about a wide range of free software related
topics. We're working on talks about Arduino, Robotics, Blender,
Server Management, Perl, and more.

Want to free your computer? We'll have experts on hand who can help
you install GNU/Linux on your computer with a choice of the latest
versions of either Fedora or Ubunutu.

More info including map and directions can be found on our website:

http://www.dallasmakerspace.com/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day_2010

Oh, and we've got a couple of slots left open in the schedule, so if
anyone else wants to do a 15 min talk on a free software related
topic,
let me know.

-Steve

David W Van Ness

Sep 15, 2010, 6:13:36 PM9/15/10
to dorkb...@googlegroups.com
nope that's perfect.  Processing, Arduino, Open Framework, Pure Data are all open software and great for art making.  I'll be there