IRC?

Mike Damm

Mar 4, 2013, 1:40:22 PM3/4/13
to doo...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know what the status of the #doozer IRC channel on Freenode is? It appears to be registered and Github occasionally pops in to spam about ha/doozerd.

It would be awesome to start to build some community/real time communication around the project. I'm idling in the channel if you are interested.

Keith Rarick

Mar 4, 2013, 1:49:22 PM3/4/13
to doo...@googlegroups.com
Back when we started I filled out the form for registering #doozer on
freenode, but never got a response. I think it may have been registered
to someone else long before that, because ChanServ was already there,
which didn't happen on other rooms I'd created. It seemed abandoned,
so I set up github hooks in the HA repos.

Damian Gryski

Mar 4, 2013, 3:18:51 PM3/4/13
to doo...@googlegroups.com
The ops on freenode are pretty responsive to this sort of thing -- we can find out who it's registered too and stage a coup if necessary.

Damian

Jonathan Rudenberg

Mar 4, 2013, 3:41:07 PM3/4/13
to doo...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 4, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Damian Gryski <dgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The ops on freenode are pretty responsive to this sort of thing -- we can find out who it's registered too and stage a coup if necessary.
>
> Damian

The channel has lapsed to being owned by freenode-staff, so "someone representing the project" can get a freenode operator to transfer ownership quite easily.

Jonathan