How doozer is different from memcache?

Kirill Kovalchuk

Dec 8, 2014, 9:58:36 AM12/8/14
to doo...@googlegroups.com
It's said that doozer is key/value storage that holds data in memory. And it's exactly what memcache does.
So, for a newcomer, it's not clear what is the difference. It would be nice to be explained in README or FAQ.

Why asking? I'm developing a notification system + config management system (to be shared between >20 web-servers). My first though is to use Redis for online user notifications and memcache for config management. Why would I opt to use doozer instead? Does it make something differently?

Thanks.