Join National Budget Call-In Days: July 13-15

carolyn bninski

Jul 12, 2011, 7:23:07 PM7/12/11
to Bninski Carolyn
PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY. THANKS!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 2:59 PM
Subject: Join National Budget Call-In Days: July 13-15

Coalition on Human Needs

Take Action Now: Join our National Budget Call-In Days on Wednesday, July 13 through Friday, July 15.  Call your senators toll-free at 888-907-1485, and tell them that middle-class and struggling families must not bear the brunt of the budget cuts. Demand a budget plan that reduces the deficit responsibly and works for all Americans – not just millionaires and big business. Urge your senators to oppose harmful cuts or caps to programs serving our nation’s most vulnerable communities.

Tell them:  Please prevent harmful cuts or caps to low/moderate-income programs in the negotiations to reduce the deficit. Please insist on fair increases in revenues to prevent reckless cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, food stamps, and other essential services.

Though reducing the long-term deficit is an important step toward stabilizing and growing our nation’s economy, it is critical that it is done responsibly. Americans deserve a plan that gradually reduces the deficit without reckless cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and other vital programs serving millions of families, children, seniors, and struggling communities.

Join our National Budget Call-In Days on Wednesday, July 13 through Friday, July 15 and make sure your voice is heard. Call your senators toll-free at 888-907-1485.

Some in Congress would jeopardize our economy by refusing any revenue increase and targeting trillions of dollars in cuts to essential health, nutrition, education, employment, housing, and other programs. Work is proceeding this week to craft a deficit reduction deal that may make decisions for the next decade.
Please tell your Senators that our future depends on essential investments, and that the wealthiest among us can afford to pay their share.

We support a budget plan that follows these basic principles.  Any agreement to reduce the deficit must:

•    Protect millions of vulnerable Americans who rely on federal support to meet their critical needs from the burden of deficit reduction;
•    Rely at least as much on fair revenue increases as on spending cuts;
•    Reject any effort to impose an amendment to the Constitution that would require a balanced budget every year, regardless of the state of the economy; and
•    Protect investments – such as public infrastructure, education and job training – that are vital to our nation’s economic advancement.

With so much at stake, it is more important than ever that your senators hear from you.

Join our National Budget Call-In Days on Wednesday, July 13 through Friday, July 15
and call your senators toll-free at 888-907-1485. Make sure your voice is heard!

Please forward this message to your networks.

Please forward this e-mail!

Do not reply to this email. But we want to hear from you! See our contact information at http://www.chn.org/about/staff.html to contact us directly.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for CHN emails at http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/125/t/3748/signUp.jsp?key=4631.

This message was sent to caro...@earthlink.net. To modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile visit your subscription management page here . To unsubscribe from Coalition on Human Needs lists, click here: http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/125/p/salsa/supporter/unsubscribe/public/index.sjs?unsubscribe_page_KEY=219&Email=caro...@earthlink.net&email_blast_KEY=1219578.

empowered by Salsa