Economic Security Circles Intro Wednesday, June 15 in Boulder

carolyn bninski

Jun 10, 2011, 6:59:11 PM6/10/11
to Bninski Carolyn

Please come learn about this great organizing tool and forward to interested people.

The Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center presents:

Economic Security Circles:

Building Community During Tough Times

Economic Worries?  Hey join the club!  The Great Recession has hurt the majority of us.

In response, communities throughout the country are forming Economic Security Circles (also known as Common Security Clubs).

An Economic Security Circle is a small group (10 – 20 people) that comes together to increase our personal and collective economic security by:

·        Courageously facing our economic and ecological challenges, learning together about root causes

·        Building relationships that strengthen our security

·        Undertaking concrete steps for mutual aid and shared action

·        Rediscovering the abundance of what we have and recognizing the possibility of a better future

·        Working together to create a fair and healthy economy that benefits everyone

When:  Introduction on Wednesday,

June 15, 7-8:30 p.m.

 Where Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center, 3970     Broadway, Suite 105, Boulder. From Broadway and Quince, go east on Quince and turn right at the second driveway.

FREE AND OPEN TO ALL

For more info, call the Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center, 303-444-6981 ext. 2 and visit localcircles.org.

simpleflyer.doc