Upcoming API Changes

Ryan Heneise

Sep 7, 2010, 5:20:00 PM9/7/10
to Donor Tools API
Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know of some upcoming API extensions that
we're rolling out over the next few days. The improvements should make
it easier to feed data into Donor Tools - for example, you'll no
longer have to specify the ID of a fund or a source - you can just
pass the name. Also, you'll be able to pass donor name and address,
without an ID, and the system will try to match an existing donor, or
create a new one.

I'll post specifics on these features in the userguide at a later
time.

We're pretty sure that none of the existing API functionality will be
broken by these changes. We've got a pretty extensive test suite to
make sure that we don't do anything silly. However, I wanted to make
you aware so that you can keep your eye on your apps. If you notice
anything strange, please contact me immediately at ryan [at]
donortools, and I'll make it the highest priority.

Thanks,
Ryan Heneise