September potluck and board games

6 views
Skip to first unread message

Don Kirkby

unread,
Aug 31, 2026, 1:12:24 PMAug 31
to don-kirkby-games
Here comes September! This is the first Tuesday of the month, so the Canadian Memorial United church is hosting their community potluck and board games night. I can't be there, but the hosts are very welcoming, so I know you'll have fun without me. It starts around 6pm at 1825 West 16th Avenue. This is a community event where everyone is welcome.
https://www.canadianmemorial.org/our-programs

At their August potluck, they said they'd be switching to a different weekday, but it sounds like that isn't happening until October, when it will switch to Fridays.

I recently discovered that The Atlantic magazine has games similar to the New York Times games. I also like that they're loosely linked to a story in the magazine. I particularly like Rabbithole, a series of connected trivia questions, and Bracket City, a set of nested crossword clues.

I got 21 of 21 points on Rabbithole 🐰 Aug 31, 2026
🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕
https://www.theatlantic.com/games/rabbithole/?id=19

playfully yours,
Don
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages