DOMAss @ Budapest JS Meetup

ern0

Apr 8, 2010, 2:23:19 PM4/8/10
to domass...@googlegroups.com
http://www.meetup.com/budapest-js/calendar/13046595/

The first Bp JS Meetup was great, the 50-person room was full, and after
the official event, about half of the people went to the nearest pub to
continue the discussion.

I told to the organizer that it would be great idea if the members could
introduce their favourite JS frameworks (I think, we won't run out of
topic in the next 20-30 year), so I will open this series with mine.

My slideshow is ready now, but it's written in Hungarian (which is this
meetup's official language, we have only Hungarian members at the moment).

The first part is a mindmap, which is about a beginner's (my) story
about how I jumped to JS biz. The mindmap has 4 main branches:
- why should we use a fw?
- first: learn JS w/o any fw,
- requirements against a fw (no gfx wonder: lightweight, easy-to-learn,
good docs),
- finding the framework matches to the requirements: falling in love
first sight.

The second part is the quick overview, module-by-module.

I have 5 minutes for the whole act.

The other persentations:
- Functional programming in Ocaml and JS,
- Multi-threaded JS programming,
- DomAss,
- Ext.core (the presenter guy is an ExtJS expert, he's already made some
modules for it).

There will be a game (a smaller exercise must be done) for a JS book,
and one lucky guy, who has filled a survey, will get an iPod Touch.
--
ern0.scene.plus4.amiga.code.muzak
Haben Sie Fragen?

Robert Nyman

Apr 8, 2010, 4:09:15 PM4/8/10
to domass...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for sharing!
I think it sounds like a great idea with a meetup, to share ideas and thoughts and have discussions with other people who share the same interest.

I really appreciate you writing about it, and thanks for the interest in DOMAssistant!

Best regards,
Robert Nyman

ern0

Apr 8, 2010, 4:37:16 PM4/8/10
to domass...@googlegroups.com
> I think it sounds like a great idea with a meetup, to share ideas and
> thoughts and have discussions with other people who share the same interest.

Yep. Meetup.com is a kind of franchise, incl. providing all the internet
tools, which supports this franchise. If you wanna start a meetup in
your favourite topic, you could just concentrate on the partyplace, the
technical background and inviting performers, all the rest is done by
meetup.com: gathering attendant folks (if one joined meetup.com, he/she
will find very easily nearby-similar events), announcing events etc., it
is harder than it looks first.

There's another meetup in Budapest, called "New Tech", but it is for
civils, not for coders.