Happy new year !

Samuel Desnoës

Jan 1, 2010, 4:01:51 AM1/1/10
to DOMAssistant
I would like to wish an happy new year to the DOMAssistant Team and
its users and supporters all over the world...

No news for a while...
What are the next steps ?

Best regards,
Sam

ern0

Jan 1, 2010, 1:30:05 PM1/1/10
to domass...@googlegroups.com
> No news for a while...
> What are the next steps ?

I am not an expert in writing JS frameworks, but I assume, there are
some things are missing from DOMAss, and I means basic functions, not
graphic and widget stuff. Maybe I'm wrong, but It would be good idea to
provide some kind of
- Comet pattern,
- abstract animation functions (timing, easy-in, easy-out) etc,
...and ones which I don't know, but JS frameworks usually includes.

Another way is to add a massive pack of graphics functions: widgets,
requesters, windows etc., but it sounds sooo "yet-another". I don't
prefer this, it's lot of work.

I would be more happy, if a graphics add-on framework could be used with
DomAss. As far as I can see there're two way to it:
- adopt one for work with DomAss,
- create one or more special interfaces for DomAss, which makes it
compatible with other frameworks, which already have graphics frameworks
built on them, so they can be replaced with DomAss.

Hm, I am stopping now before talking more bullshit. Take my letter only
as a thought-provoking thing.
--
ern0.scene.plus4.amiga.code.muzak
Haben Sie Fragen?

Robert Nyman

Jan 2, 2010, 3:06:59 PM1/2/10
to domass...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year!

As you might be aware of, I haven't personally been involved in DOMAssistant for over a year now, so I can't really talk about the future. From my viewpoint, though, I believe one of the nice effects of DOMAssistant and some aggressive marketing about fast CSS selectors made the other JavaScript libraries step up, which I'm quite happy about.

There are always improvements that can be made, naturally, but at the same time I believe as of right now it has its niché as a lightweight alternative.

About the future, I will let Cheng Hong think about that and express his opinions.

Thanks for using it!

Best regards,
Robert Nyman