CSS3 pseudo selectors in IE 5.5+ using ie-css3.js and DOMAssistant

Clarksy

Jan 15, 2010, 9:53:41 AM1/15/10
to DOMAssistant
Hi,

I've written a CSS3 selector emulator for IE 5.5+ that adds support
for the :nth-child, :nth-of-type etc. pseduo selectors from straight
out of the style sheet. Why am I posting this here? Well, the script
uses the DOMAssistant selector engine to access and modify DOM nodes
during the initialization cycle.

I chose DOMAssistant because it offered the best CSS3 selectors
support and it performed pretty rapidly too. I know how tricky coding
a CSS selector engine is - I've written my own selector functions
(just simple selectors and combinators) for my 5k JavaScript library
(called $dom) and it was by far the toughest part.

Congratulations on DOMAssistant, its a superb library - I can't wait
to see what's coming in the new release.

For those that are interested, my project is here:
http://www.keithclark.co.uk/labs/ie-css3/

Keith

Robert Nyman

Jan 15, 2010, 10:03:18 AM1/15/10
to domass...@googlegroups.com
Great work, Keith!
Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,
Robert

Clarksy

Jan 17, 2010, 8:51:32 AM1/17/10
to DOMAssistant
Robert - is it ok for me to distribute the DOMAssistant core with my
script? I'm not sure if the license applies to the core? I'm also
planning on compressing the lot with Google's closure compiler.

On Jan 15, 3:03 pm, Robert Nyman <robny...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great work, Keith!
> Thanks for sharing!
>
> Best regards,
> Robert
>

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Clarksy <keithjcl...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I've written a CSS3 selector emulator for IE 5.5+ that adds support
> > for the :nth-child, :nth-of-type etc. pseduo selectors from straight
> > out of the style sheet. Why am I posting this here? Well, the script
> > uses the DOMAssistant selector engine to access and modify DOM nodes
> > during the initialization cycle.
>
> > I chose DOMAssistant because it offered the best CSS3 selectors
> > support and it performed pretty rapidly too. I know how tricky coding
> > a CSS selector engine is - I've written my own selector functions
> > (just simple selectors and combinators) for my 5k JavaScript library
> > (called $dom) and it was by far the toughest part.
>
> > Congratulations on DOMAssistant, its a superb library - I can't wait
> > to see what's coming in the new release.
>
> > For those that are interested, my project is here:
> >http://www.keithclark.co.uk/labs/ie-css3/
>
> > Keith
>
> > --

> > domassistant...@googlegroups.com<domassistant%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Robert Nyman

Jan 18, 2010, 5:27:24 AM1/18/10
to domass...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As long as it is credited the proper way, feel free! :-)

Best regards,
Robert