Domainmod Multilangage: implementation

Mafiom

Sep 15, 2018, 3:11:53 PM9/15/18
to DomainMOD Support
Hi, I implemented Gettext on Domainmod.

I started the translation, added a language selector ...

If the project is accepted, then I will finish the implementation of the translation on the whole site

Warning: this project is still in development!

Yordan Soares

Jan 28, 2019, 8:46:01 PM1/28/19
to DomainMOD Support
This is a BIG improve. I can translate it into spanish. Good work Mafiom!

Greg Chetcuti

Nov 15, 2020, 9:58:35 PM11/15/20
to DomainMOD Support
I wanted to let you both know that as of v4.16.0, DomainMOD now has multilingual support. Currently it supports Dutch, English (Canada), English (United States), French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.

I also wanted to thank you for your effort Mafiom! I had already started playing around with multilingual support, but unfortunately it fell down the priority list because of other features that were ahead of it, but earlier this year I was finally able to buckle down and finish the implementation... and then life got busy again and I kind of forgot to actually push the release out for another 6 months :P Oh well, at least it's done now!

Yordan Soares

Nov 15, 2020, 10:46:14 PM11/15/20
to DomainMOD Support
Wow!, This is big news! Thanks for the notification. I'll update right now to test the localization to Spanish. Is there a place to check the translation and suggest corrections to some translation issues?

Greg Chetcuti

Nov 19, 2020, 1:21:41 AM11/19/20
to DomainMOD Support
The main repository with translations is located here: https://github.com/domainmod/translations

And the Spanish translation specifically can be found here: https://github.com/domainmod/translations/blob/master/locales/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/main.po

Mafiom

Nov 20, 2020, 6:40:01 PM11/20/20
to DomainMOD Support
Wow !, 2 years later!
I thought this would never be implemented, that's great news!

I haven't used Domainmod for a while but this update will push me to reinstall it;)

Expect to see your community grow, it was a big lack in your project, well done for the work :)