We would like to create the API connection to OnlineNic registrar

Daniel Rodriguez

Mar 10, 2020, 12:41:57 PM3/10/20
to DomainMOD Support
Hi fellows,

First of all, thanks for your project and congatulations for your hard work on it.

Secondly, We would like to create the API connection to OnlineNic registrar as it's not in your list of supported API's.

Based on that, What would be your recomendations to proceed creating that to contribute with your project?. What files should I look for?. Is there any development guide for adding new API's support?

Also, we would really like to add the CSV import functionality since there are country registrars (like nic.ve in Venezuela) who don't provide any API and the beauty of your project is just having a central management of all the domains besides who is the registrar/provider to have a complete control of them. So, please provide us any guidance on the domains adding process to understand what db tables/fields are involved, etc.

Waiting for your support on this matter,

DanielR

Greg Chetcuti

May 17, 2020, 6:40:05 PM5/17/20
to DomainMOD Support
Thank you for the kind words Daniel, it's appreciated!

I've added OnlineNic to the list of registrar API integrations for the future, however you're the first person to ask for it so it's quite far down on the list at the moment. Being a small project of one, there isn't currently a development guide for DomainMOD, but you may be able to model the API integration after another registrar's API integration (https://github.com/domainmod/domainmod/tree/master/classes/DomainMOD), which could help speed up the development process.

I do plan to add a CSV import, and in fact it's one of the top 3 features that will be implemented next. I don't really have any master mapping of the tables and fields though, but you could find the majority of this information within the code. For Example, the https://github.com/domainmod/domainmod/blob/master/install/go.php file shows you every table and field created, the https://github.com/domainmod/domainmod/blob/master/domains/add.php file will show you what data is needed to insert a new domain, and so on.

So unfortunately it may be a little bit before I can get to the OnlineNic API integration, but hopefully I can get the CSV import in there for you soon!