Adding API for Gandi.net

Greg Putman

May 10, 2018, 11:37:58 AM5/10/18
to DomainMOD Support
We have been evaluating many different programs to manage the 100's of domains we have.
This seems to be very easy to use and makes this whole process much easier.
I just wanted to see if it would be possible to add the API for Gandi.net
https://wiki.gandi.net/en/xml-api
I'm not finding many other options out there that have API support.
Thanks for your consideration.
Greg

Greg Chetcuti

Aug 31, 2018, 12:38:46 AM8/31/18
to DomainMOD Support
I would actually love to build Gandi API support into DomainMOD, as I've personally used Gandi for years and I'm a pretty big fan of theirs. To be honest I've actually attempted to integrate their API multiple times, but it's a very non-standard API, at least compared to what I'm used to/what I've been integrating into DomainMOD, and I just wasn't able to get it to work properly.

For PHP 5, Gandi's API requires the XML_RPC2 PHP package from pear, which is not actively maintained. This is one of the big reasons I chose not to add support for Gandi. I'm trying to keep the DomainMOD code clean and up-to-date, especially when dealing with required 3rd party add-ons, and using a pear package that's not actively maintained is a bit of a step backwards.

My hope is that Gandi's next API release won't be built upon an outdated framework, at which point support will be added ASAP.

I'm going to keep trying the integration, as I really do want to add Gandi support, but for the time being unfortunately it's not supported. If you would like to be notified when support is added you should subscribe via one of the methods on this page, and you will be alerted when we add Gandi support, https://domainmod.org/subscribe/.
Message has been deleted

Greg Chetcuti

May 18, 2020, 1:15:13 AM5/18/20
to DomainMOD Support
I just wanted to let you know that DomainMOD v4.15, which was released earlier tonight, includes API support for Gandi.