GoDaddy API support

Justin Churchill

Aug 18, 2017, 6:02:24 PM8/18/17
to DomainMOD Support, ofer....@joventures.com
Hi DomainMOD,

This is an amazing solution for domain management!

I've had some difficulty getting my godaddy account working with the  Domainmod downloaded from git. Do I need to have a registrar account setup with "Good as Gold' payment configured for the domain list to automatically download?

 I setup the registrar and the account with the 'api key' and 'api secret'. I've turned on debug and get the error below.

godaddy.class
errorUnable to get domain list
  • User ID: 1
  • Extra: "API Key":"***********************************", "API Secret":"**********************"
  • Insert Time: 2017-08-18 14:36:33

I have been able to get the credentials working using the test string below.
curl -X GET -H "Authorization: sso-key {API_KEY}:{API_SECRET}" "https://api.godaddy.com/v1/domains/available?domain=example.guru"

Justin Churchill

Aug 21, 2017, 11:17:00 AM8/21/17
to DomainMOD Support, ofer....@joventures.com
Here is the problem with the code.  {"code":"VALUE_OVER","message":"Limit must have a value no greater than 1000","name":"ApiError"}

I have fixed the problem. I modified the godaddy class from 10000 to 999.

Line 39 return $base_url . 'domains?statusGroups=VISIBLE&limit=999';

Greg Chetcuti

Nov 1, 2017, 1:22:34 AM11/1/17
to doma...@googlegroups.com
As Justin pointed out, this is because the API call to GoDaddy is using an invalid number for the domain limit. This has been fixed in the code and will be getting pushed out in the next version, which should be happening soon. If you would like to know exactly when that happens you may want to subscribe to the related issue on GitHub.

EDIT: This issue has now been fixed in the most recent release of DomainMOD (v4.08.00).

Greg Chetcuti

Nov 7, 2017, 4:11:40 PM11/7/17
to doma...@googlegroups.com