postion at fixed x position

Howard

Dec 7, 2006, 5:00:50 AM12/7/06
to DOM Tooltip Library
Hi!

I have 5 links. They are on top of each other within an inframe
(width=240px)
(i.e.)
- link 1
- link 2
- link 3
- link 4
- link 5

When mouse over a link, I want the tooltip to be displayed at a fixed x
position.
Let's say:
00:00 I move the mouse over the character "l" of "link 1", the
tooltip display at x=5px
00:00 I move the mouse out
00:03 I move the mouse over the character "k" of "link 1", the
tooltip display at x=5px
(
he current code I got will reposition the x. I tried to set the x to
5px and it is not working.

domTT_activate(this, event, 'content', 'Many weblogs are now sporting
this look.<p>asked by Howard</p>', 'styleClass', 'bubble',
'direction','north','delay','0','trail', false, 'draggable',false,'x',
5);

Please help! Thanks.

Bert

Dec 12, 2006, 6:53:01 AM12/12/06
to DOM Tooltip Library
Howard schreef:

[snip]

> he current code I got will reposition the x. I tried to set the x to
> 5px and it is not working.
>

> domTT_activate(this, event, 'content', 'Many weblogs are now sporting
> this look.<p>asked by Howard</p>', 'styleClass', 'bubble',
> 'direction','north','delay','0','trail', false, 'draggable',false,'x',
> 5);

This way x is 5 pixels from where your cursor hovers the link.

Have you tried using the code from example 14?
http://www.mojavelinux.com/cooker/demos/domTT/example14.html

hth,
Bert

Howard

Dec 13, 2006, 10:09:02 AM12/13/06
to DOM Tooltip Library
Hi! Bert,

If you read my question again with the example, I do NOT want the
reposition happening.

I want the tooltip to be docked at a fixed position (e.g. 5px).

I can modify the .js source code and hard code it to make it working,
but I am wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks

Bert

Dec 14, 2006, 5:01:50 AM12/14/06
to DOM Tooltip Library
Exampe 14 demonstrates fixed positioning of the tooltip relative to
objects on the page.
Isn't that what you wat to accomplish?

B.