domTT + JQuery = memory leaks?

rvdb

Jan 29, 2009, 10:52:01 AM1/29/09
to DOM Tooltip Library
Hi,

When calling the domTT library from within JQuery, I notice this
causes memory leaks in IE7. For example, if I add in
JQuery-1.3.1.min.js and initialise my page as follows:

$(document).ready(function(){
$('#domTTlink').mouseover(function(){
domTT_activate(this, event, 'content', 'Our First Tooltip',
'lifetime', 5000);
})
});

... with the domTT example link encoded as follows:

If the page is reloaded after the tooltip has been activated, this
apparently leaves a memory leak for the document object (according to
the 'Javascript Memory Leak Detector --
http://blogs.msdn.com/gpde/pages/javascript-memory-leak-detector.aspx).

I know little enough of this level of Javascript debugging to be
worried yet clueless. Does anyone see an obvious cause / remedy for
this leak?

Kind regards,

Ron