frame support in dommenu

Faltrion

Aug 9, 2005, 4:38:15 AM8/9/05
to DOM Menu Library
I was wondering if there is framesupport in dommenu or if you are
planning to get it in.

with framesupport I'm talking about having the menu-bar in one frame
and the "submenus" in a different frame, this is currently needed in a
project I'm working on where we are thinking of removing our button
based system to a drop down based system.

OR

Sep 2, 2005, 8:27:54 AM9/2/05
to DOM Menu Library

I have the same problem two. This is really an issue. I have 2 iframe,
the top iframe managing the menu, the second, having a form with, of
course, a select. The menu is behind the select because it is in
another iframe. This works fine when everything (menu and select) are
in the same frame.

Ragards.

Olivier.

Dan Allen

Sep 2, 2005, 11:51:47 AM9/2/05
to dom-...@googlegroups.com
Technically it is not that difficult to implement. When creating the
nodes, it is only necessary to substitute a different document root
when creating the nodes. However, I have never had this need myself
and therefore did not put it into the code. I am strongly opposed to
using frames in web documents and that is another reason it was never
implemented.

...some time goes by...

okay, I implemented this functionality, which is availble in the SVN repository:

http://www.codejanitor.com/horde/chora/browse.php?f=trunk%2FdomMenu%2F

Give it a try. This will be part of the 0.3.6 release. I'm glad I
could get this feature in only a couple of hours!

/dan
--
Open Source Advocacy
http://www.mojavelinux.com