DOM Menu IE7 Compatibility

1 view

steevithak

Aug 4, 2006, 11:35:35 AM8/4/06
to DOM Menu Library
I noticed DOM Menu doesn't work with the beta version of IE7. Anyone
know if there's a fix in the works for this and if an update will be
available before IE7 is ships?

Garfield

Aug 11, 2006, 3:45:58 PM8/11/06
to DOM Menu Library
Hi,

in domLib.js change line 37 to:

var domLib_isIE = (!domLib_isKHTML && !domLib_isOpera &&
(domLib_userAgent.indexOf('msie 5') != -1 ||
domLib_userAgent.indexOf('msie 6') != -1 ||
domLib_userAgent.indexOf('msie 7') != -1));

It's only necessary to set variable isIE to true when IE7 is detected.

steevithak

Aug 16, 2006, 8:20:29 PM8/16/06
to DOM Menu Library
Thanks, at first it didn't work for me until I discovered the browser
detection code is duplicated in the domMenu_min.js file on line 3.
After I applied the change to both files, it seems to be working.