Re: [Dokan] Digest for dokan@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Kyle Hamilton

Mar 22, 2022, 6:11:21 PM3/22/22
to do...@googlegroups.com
For background, an ECCN is the index number of a category of export-controlled computers, systems, and/or software on the US "Export Commerce Control List"

Dokan does not appear to be controlled under any category of the ECCL that I can find, so I believe its ECCN to be EAR99.

However, I only looked at categories 4 ("Software") and 5.2 ("Information Security"), as those categories appear the most relevant. As always with something potentially giving rise to criminal liability, it is advisable to consult with a lawyer to verify that I am not feeding you false information.

I am not a lawyer. I am not affiliated with the Dokany project, but its maintainer is in France, so very likely does not have direct knowledge of US export control requirements.

-Kyle H

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021, 02:42 <do...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Sartak Neo <sarta...@gmail.com>: Oct 28 09:59AM -0700

Hi,

I search export control ECCN to Dokan.
What is the ECCN to Dokan ?

Thanks

Kyle Hamilton

Mar 22, 2022, 10:28:11 PM3/22/22
to do...@googlegroups.com, hstor...@gmail.com
There used to be a Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit tool called srvany, which would run any executable like a service.

There's a compatible replacement with code at

Be aware, Windows service architecture has gone theough a lot of updates over the years. It is possible that any drive mappings Dokan makes only apply to the current Session; if that's the case, you won't be able to get access to the Dokan mount if it's started in the Services session (aka Session 0). I'll have to check the code later to see.

Good luck!

-Kyle H

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022, 00:43 <do...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Harry Storey <hstor...@gmail.com>: Feb 28 01:43PM -0800

Hi
I tried task scheduler and bat files, cannot get it to run on startup.
However, I can get it to run manually with bat file

Anyway to start on bootup?