C++ API Lazy password

narek hovhannisyan

May 6, 2023, 4:20:06 AM5/6/23
to Dokan
Hi,

I am implementing a simple command line encrypted filesystem with c++ API. I want to implement a lazy password with following logic but having some troubles. Hope you can help me :)
- When user opens a drive for a first time i want to show a simple Qt5 input dialog for a password but as dokan operations work with many threads i am not able to show a dialog for example from CreateFile operation and block the all oprations until user will provide a correct password for filesystem. Is it possible to implement such logic?

Regards,
Narek.

Adrien JUND

May 6, 2023, 9:24:58 PM5/6/23
to do...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is not a good idea to block / delay for an unknown elapse of time any type of requests, especially creates. You could probably do the authentication before calling mount.

Another option would be to mount as a network storage and use the native authentication feature
https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/issues/836#issuecomment-549537908