Can we run Dokan without Log information?

Xukan Yao

Jun 21, 2021, 2:11:40 AM6/21/21
to Dokan
Hi,
    I am running mirror example of Dokan.Net for learning and testing.
    Sometimes, program will just disappear and stop working during using (not in debug mode), its likely due to cpu intensive ovrerload, but I am not sure.
when I use it to do a huge work (open lots of files for stress test), I see lots logs which I think is casuing delay (after I close the software that reading mounted driver, logs still flushing), So I am wondering if there is a way to run Doakn without any log infomation?

    and one more quesion, I see there is a thread parameter when using Mount(), but I just can't use it if I don't assign any DokanOptions, is it normal?

   Many thanks

Adrien JUND

Jun 21, 2021, 2:22:03 AM6/21/21
to do...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

You need to disable TRACE not to have the mirror logs enabled https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokan-dotnet/blob/master/sample/DokanNetMirror/Mirror.cs#L45 and remove the DebugMode option at mount time to disable the library logs https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokan-dotnet/blob/master/sample/DokanNetMirror/Program.cs#L37

You are right. There is no Mount function overload that directly take a threadCount and not the DokanOptions. You can simply create a default DokanOptions and pass it if you are not interested to set any options.

Liryna

Xukan Yao

Jun 21, 2021, 2:30:56 AM6/21/21
to Dokan
thank you for quick reply

I already disabled mirror log trace, and removed debug option (just leave Mount(path) with no more options), the logs of Dokan still there... any clue?

and I found its wired that if I use Dokan Mirror inside a BackGroudWorker of a winform, it will be much more faster than console which makes no sense

Xukan Yao

Jun 21, 2021, 4:21:12 AM6/21/21
to Dokan
I just figured a way to do this

put "new NullLogger()" into the Mount() parameters, then there will be no log at all
and I just comfirmed the speed problem I just mentioned is due to the log, if no logs, speed is fine